Halloween Pumpkin Cookies for Dogs20 min 2,963 Reviews
Halloween isn’t just about costumes; it’s about pumpkin-flavoured lattes, cookies, homemade pies and, of course, candy. So while kids enjoy snacking on their Halloween goodies and you sip on that pumpkin spiced chai latte, how about treating your pup to his or her own Halloween treat?
- 1 cup 100% pumpkin puree (canned)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cups flour*, plus extra for work surface
* You can use white rice flour, brown rice flour or buckwheat flour for a wheat-free alternative.
How to make them:
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F (180⁰C).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix peanut butter and pumpkin puree together in a large bowl.
- Add flour slowly while stirring until dough has a nice consistency.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a work surface and roll out the dough.
- Use small Halloween-themed cookie cutters like these to cut dough into shapes.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Once cookies have cooled, ice them with an extra layer of peanut butter.
Let’s keep the Halloween tradition and have your dog do a trick for their treat (they don’t need to know that it’s trick OR treat). Share your pup’s trick with us!