Blueberry Apple Oat Dog Biscuits25 minutes 3,356 Reviews
As a pet owner, you’re well informed on the importance of nutritional ingredients in your dog’s diet. We are too, so that’s why we try to find healthy recipes for homemade treats to share with you! This one is great – made with wholesome ingredients like oats, apples and blueberries. Your pup will love these dog biscuits, and you’ll feel good giving them something healthy and homemade.
Try this recipe tonight and let us know how it turned out on our Facebook page!
- 2 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 to 4 tbsp. water
- ¼ cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse oats in a food processor for 15-30 seconds until oats are a fine powder.
- Pour ground oats into a medium-sized bowl and add eggs, blueberries and applesauce.
- Whisk together until oat flour is moistened.
- If dough is too crumbly add 2 tbsp. of water, continue adding water one tablespoon at a time if dough is still too dry.
- Roll dough into small or medium-sized balls and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Use a spatula to flatten the balls into discs.
- Bake small biscuits for 15 minutes and medium biscuits for 20 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.