Spring Doggy Carrot CookiesApril 3, 2016
Spring has sprung! Flowers are blooming, birds are chirping, and it’s time to use some fresh ingredients to make your Nutrience pet something delicious.
These healthy carrot cookies will do the trick, and your Nutrience pet won’t mind doing tricks to earn them!
2 Cups of grated carrots
1/2 Cup of Nutrience dog kibble
2 Jars of beef baby food (small jars)
1/2 Cup of plain non-fat yogurt
2 Cups of wheat flour
1 Teaspoon of baking powder
- Put the dog food in a food processor or blender and grind to a fine powder. You can also put the carrots in the food processor if you wish.
- In a large bowl, combine the kibble powder, carrots, yogurt and baby food. Blend well.
- Add the baking powder. Once these ingredients are blended, slowly add the wheat flour.
- Knead with your hands for at least three to five minutes. The dough will be “chunky” because of the carrots.
- On a flat, floured surface roll out dough to desired thickness.
- Use cute spring themed cookie cutters, cut out shapes and place on a greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
Your pup will have an extra spring in their step after eating these yummy carrot treats! Let us know how your Nutrience Pet enjoyed them.