Homemade Chicken Jerky Dog Treats3 to 6 hours 1 Review
Spring’s warming temperatures entice people to go outside and get back into shape. For some pet owners, it’s the perfect running weather with their dogs. To ensure your pet has the energy needed to keep up, pack these homemade jerky treats with you before heading out on your run. These high-protein dog treats will give your pup an energy boost during break time and after a good run.
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breast
- Canola oil
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 140° F.
- Rinse chicken and remove any fat.
- Pat the breast dry with a paper towel, place it on a plate and put it in the freezer for about 15 min.
- Once out of the freezer, cut 1/4 “ thick slices of chicken breast, cutting the slices close to the grain. The smaller the slices in thickness, the better.
- Lightly coat your chicken strips with oil and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 3 to 6 hours (baking time will vary depending on the oven). The chicken strips should be crispy once ready.
Store these dog treats in an airtight container or in a sealable plastic bag for up to 3 weeks.