Cranberry & Turkey Biscuits0 Reviews
What could be more festive than a juicy roast turkey and cranberries? Succulent turkey is an obvious pet favorite, while cranberries are not only delicious, but beneficial to their kidney health. Together, they make great little treat that’s sure to get your furry friend into the holiday spirit.
- 1 cup whole, fresh cranberries
- 1 cup cooked turkey (no bones)
- 3 ½ cup oat flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon turkey fat (from roasting pan) or olive oil
- Up to ½ cup turkey broth or water as needed
To make the biscuits:
- Preheat your oven to 350˚F/180˚C.
- Grease two cookie trays and set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a food processor, blend the turkey, turkey fat/olive oil and egg until it becomes a puree. You’re aiming for a texture like baby food – add a little turkey broth if it looks a little too thick.
- Add cranberries, a little at a time and continue blending until a smoothie-like consistency is reached.
- Mix the puree gradually with the dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- On a floured work surface, knead the dough into a cohesive ball.
- Roll out the dough to about ½”/1cm thick, cut with cookie cutters (smaller for cats, larger for dogs)
- Bake on greased cookie trays for about 20-30 minutes and allow cookies to cool completely before serving.
What are your favorite things to share with your pet during the holidays? Share with us in the comments below!