Cookies for cats0 Reviews
Looking for a healthy, wholesome cat treat recipe? We’ve got just the thing! Treat your kitty to these tasty, simple cat treats, made from actual whole foods – oats, salmon, egg and olive oil! The added catnip is an extra special treat for your feline friend.
The recipe calls for making your own oat flour, which is not as difficult as it sounds. Simply grind up your whole oats in a mortar and pestle until it transforms into a light powder. Super easy and a great way to know that your oat flour is 100% natural, no preservatives here!
Whip up these cookies for cats today and let us know how they turned out on our Facebook page!
• 1 5-ounce can pink salmon (or tuna), no salt added, packed in water, drained
• 1 cup oat flour
• 1 large egg
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 heaping tablespoon dried catnip
• Preheat oven to 350F
• Grind oats into a light powder
• In a food processor, combine drained salmon or tuna, oat flour, egg, olive oil and catnip
• Pulse until mixture comes together (it should be thick but pliable and not very sticky)
• Roll dough into ½ teaspoon balls and place on a cookie sheet. Use a fork to press marks into each ball
• Bake for 10-12 minutes until dry on top and slightly browned
• Store in an airtight container for up to seven days
Do you have a favourite cat cookie recipe? Tell us about it below!