Clean treats – for the whole family!January 20, 2016
2016 is a new year and you have made the goal to eat clean. Your dog should too. These treats are so easy to make and both you and your pup can enjoy them together. The thin coating of peanut butter adds a hint of sweetness to the creamy and sweet banana. The perfect New Year combo.
BNB’s (Banana Nut Bites)
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¼ c. – ½ c. of natural, unsweetened peanut butter
- Optional: Finely shredded coconut or other “coating”
- Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap.
- Peel banana and slice into bite sized pieces.
- In the microwave or over a double boiler, melt peanut butter. One at a time, toss the banana slices in peanut butter, lift out with a fork and allow the excess to drizzle off.
- If desired, toss in a coating, such as shredded coconut.
- Place coated bananas on the baking sheet, making sure that they don’t touch. Place the tray in the freezer and freeze 2 – 3 hours, until bananas are frozen.
- Store in a sealed container in the freezer and serve, as desired.
Source: Kolchak Puggle