10 things you probably didn’t know about catsApril 10, 2017
If there’s one thing we love, after dogs and cats of course, it’s trivia. Who doesn’t love fun facts? Surprise your family and impress your friends, cat lovers! We’ve got a list of cool things you probably didn’t know about cats. Let’s begin:
- A group of cats is called a clowder.
- Cats are the most popularpet in the United States: There are 88 million pet cats and 74 million dogs.
- When cats grimace, they are usually “taste-scenting.” They have an extra organ that, with some breathing control, allows the cats to taste-sense the air.
- A cat rubs against people to mark its territory.
- A cat’s purrmay be a form of self-healing, as it can be a sign of nervousness as well as contentment.
- Cats sleep 70%of their lives.
- Adult cats only meow to communicate with humans.
- Cats can change their meow to manipulate a human. They often imitate a human baby when they need food, for example.
- A house cat is fasterthan Usain Bolt.
- Isaac Newton is credited with inventing the cat door.
Do you have some fun facts about cats? Share them with us! Write us in the comments section below or on our Facebook page.